What information can I request?

You may request any court record in the custody of the court’s record division. This will include any records for cases adjudicated at the Garland Municipal Court as well as court records signed by a Garland Municipal judge in their capacity as a judge or magistrate for the City of Garland. There are some protected records such as judicial notes that are not subject to the Public Information Act that will not be available. In addition any records that are ordered sealed by court order are not subject to public review without a court order. Court records relating to juveniles are only available on a limited basis to the juvenile defendant, their legal guardian(s)/parents, their spouse, their legal counsel representing them on their case and law enforcement agencies.

Show All Answers

1. How do I make a request?
2. What information can I request?
3. How soon will I receive my requested records?
4. How much will my records cost?
5. Why does the City Attorney's Office receive a copy of my request?